Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Want a little Jesus with your coffee?!

As you may have read awhile back, I (along with some other ladies) have started a local Coffee & Jesus small group! I thought it would be nice to get together with ladies from different churches...ladies that I am good friends with, ladies I've never met, and ladies I used to be close with in middle school and have recently reconnected with! My friend Alison and I thought it'd go from about 9-10 and I was REALLY nervous that no one would talk and that it would be awkward but once I looked at the clock as the ladies were leaving and it was 11:30, I think that put my worries at ease...I couldn't believe it! To be honest, I didn't sleep at all the night before. I was so worried I would forget something at the store or would oversleep and was just so excited, sleep was the last thing on my mind. This first session was GREAT! I met some new ladies, we laughed more than I've laughed in a long time, talked about things we're struggling with, and things we want to get out of this new group! I really just can't tell you how excited I am! If you want more information, feel free to contact me! 


Some supplies we bought to make little care packages for people that we come across this week that we fill need a little something extra to brighten their day! (We want to be a group that serves others, not just ourselves).


Some of the girls assembling the care packages. Sorry the lighting is SO bad and I didn't get a chance to edit it before posting! 


So...are you involved in a Coffee & Jesus group? Or interested in joining one?! Let me know!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment